Re: Question about book not keeping to Writing dept. style guide

Subject: Re: Question about book not keeping to Writing dept. style guide
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: Caroline Tabach <caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:49:55 -0500

If I remember correctly, Framemaker has something very much like emacs built into it, available for doing editing. If someone at your organization is a good emacs user (even if the person knows nothing about Frame) he or she should be able to write an easy macro that'll let you fix all the quote marks in a trice.

(When you are through with the trice, send it along. I can use all the extra time I can get.)

Caroline Tabach wrote:

Except for the quotation marks Vs italics I do not think anything here
is wrong usage, but they just make this book different from all of our
other books.

The question is, should I ask one of the writers here to go through
the book and make the appropriate changes so it conforms to our style
guide. I am hesitant because quite a lot of work is involved
especially replacing all of the quotation marks used.

Thanks