Re: Measurable objectives?

Subject: Re: Measurable objectives?
From: Elizabeth J Allen <eja -at- samurai -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:18:40 -0500

If you were my manager this entire discussion would be moot. I never said processes were bad or that I don't use them.

I stand firm: "In order to have specific, measurable objectives, specific, concrete processes are required" is simply not a true statement. All the wishing in the world will not make it so.

At the end of the day, someone has to type out the "damn document" or nobody's process gets marked complete.

And that's my final answer.

Elizabeth
--
Elizabeth J. Allen
Samurai Consulting Inc.

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." —Albert Einstein

On 19-Dec-06, at 4:58 PM, John Posada wrote:

Just watch me.
Either I will deliver my document by April 1st or I won't.
I'll sit my ass in a chair and type out the damn document.

If I was the person you reported to and my career along with the 25
million dollars we've invested in the development of the product was
on the line, this type of dice-throwing is not acceptable.