Re: American English

Subject: Re: American English
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Dick Margulis" <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>, "Hemang Antani" <hemang -dot- phenix -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:14:28 -0800

Having some experience working across the Pacific between the
US and India, I will hazard a guess that nobody even mentioned
"American English" until after the contract was in place.

IMO, the writing on Mr. Antani's website doesn't seem to my
eyes to need any help being more "American English," so I'm
not sure exactly what assistance he needs in this area. If it turns
out that what the client wants is for him to be able to write "hip"
consumer product brochures in American street slang rather
than "proper" US English, I'm afraid I'd be as lost as anyone he
might pluck off the streets of Delhi.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dick Margulis" <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>

I am curious, though, why you applied for and accepted a position that requires a language skill you lack. Was this a result of a simple misunderstanding or did you assert that you had the skill while knowing you did not?