RE: Thinking like a user, or sticking to tried and true?

Subject: RE: Thinking like a user, or sticking to tried and true?
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:52:07 -0800

I'm wondering how to justify supporting the fringe cases? If we have to
target our efforts, and by "we", I mean Tech Comm people, then how do you
justify as a business case the extra time and effort?

Which is what the VP will want to know - what's the justification for
spending the extra money when you can target the information to the bulk of
the users?

Would you lose credibility if you don't consider the business case before
you ask for the additional resources? And what would that business case be?
I'm curious...

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting