Re: Offer Letter

Subject: Re: Offer Letter
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:49:37 -0800

Well, you could try recontacting whoever you interviewed with
to determine if there is an opportunity to revisit their classification
of your grade compared to your actual experience. However, my
guess is that in the case you postulate it will turn out they know
perfectly well that your actual experience would make you a TW2,
3 or 4 but you got the TW1 offer because that's all the budget for
the position will cover.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>

What happens if the compensation offered is at the TW 1 level? Do you call
the Department of Redundancy? Do you draft a counter-offer that mentions
the disparity between experience and compensation?

I'm fairly certain that this wouldn't happen since we're talking about a
government position, but what if...?