RE: When you hear the Axe in the dark...

Subject: RE: When you hear the Axe in the dark...
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:23:53 -0800

"producing documentation required reaching a balance between goals and
resources and the willingness to adjust both when needed"

What corporate discipline does not require "reaching a balance between goals
and resources and the willingness to adjust both when needed"?

I really do not want to come off sounding derogatory, I might sound a little
harsh because it's late and I am in the middle of doing my taxes, but points
1 and 2 sound a little like rhetoric to me. These comments can be applied
to many situations and not just documentation.

What I get from reading this is a sense of someone who will not make waves,
who will accept management decisions without question, who wants just enough
support to maintain a middle of the road position, and who will probably
shun an intense increase in workload (or leave the company because of it)
like what often occurs after management fails to properly budget its
resources. The last point of "having these conversations with the
management of some other company" in the event of a lack of management
support sounds threatening and almost inviting the axe.

Lauren

From: "ct" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
> The moral here...training a poorly managed company to properly use a
> Technical Writer? A daunting and DIFFICULT task. I've tried doing it
> for almost 2 years now. Here's what I've learned.

printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team
authoring, Web-based technology, and PDF output.
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/lt34%40csus.edu