Re: Image to html

Subject: Re: Image to html
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Steve Read" <steve -at- readonly -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:00:43 +0530

How some of us would do it isn't necessarily how you'd do it; it
depends on what tools you have at hand.
For example, since I use Linux on my laptop, it's as simple as writing
the containing HTML once, saving it as a "template" file (with the
image filename part of the IMG tag containing a marker (like
"IMG_NAME").
I would then write use Bash script to loop over all the PNG files in
the current folder, and use sed, the stream editor, to search/replace
the IMG_NAME marker in the "template" file with the name of the
current PNG file. The output of the sed process gets redirected into a
new file - again, that would probably be ".html" appended to the name
of the current PNG file.

If you have MS Word and some experience in programming VBA, you might
have been able to code up a somewhat similar approach in a macro.

As far as total end-user utilities for doing this are concerned, I
can't really think of a way... not without doing *some* kind of code.

Cheers,
Ed.
On 1/25/07, Steve Read <steve -at- readonly -dot- com> wrote:

Precision in language is a virtue.

All I want to do is take these PNGs (screen shots) and shove them into
separate html files so that I can use those files as popups, and I'm not
really in the mood to do it by hand.

The decision about including screen shots has been made. I don't
necessarily agree with it. Someone else pays the bills.