RE: Ethics of posting samples?

Subject: RE: Ethics of posting samples?
From: "Tariel, Lauren R" <lt34 -at- saclink -dot- csus -dot- edu>
To: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:10:53 -0800

I am regularly asked for writing samples. I think that it would be easier to refer a potential employer to a web site than to take hard copies and a DVD to an interview. Employers really want a "writing sample" and are not really interested in the previous employer or product when it comes to evaluating the writing style. I think that I can safely re-write old documents so that they no longer resemble the copyrighted work and I can present fresh content as a sample that I can copyright for myself. I need the samples but I don't need the hassle of getting tagged for violating a confidentiality agreement. I have enough targets on me.

Lauren