RE: The 'user' in User Manual

Subject: RE: The 'user' in User Manual
From: "Roberts, Dan x36117" <dan_roberts -at- adp -dot- com>
To: "'Cardimon,Craig'" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>, "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:18:34 -0500

I agree with Nancy (option 1), with the following exceptions:
1. In an Admin's user manual, the Admin would be the "you" and his/her local
folks would be "users".

Here, we have a strange mix. We write doc to the client firm as an entity,
which can have multiple users. We tend to stick with the "Client" being the
firm, and "users" being individuals working at the client. In online help,
however, we tend to go with option 1, as much as possible, given the bulk of
our OLH is legacy doc from mainframe systems.

Happy Friday.

Dan Roberts
dan_roberts -at- adp -dot- com
212 973-6117, or x36117