Re: "Strict" Word template for end-users? (take II)

Subject: Re: "Strict" Word template for end-users? (take II)
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 03:34:14 -0600

It's a whole lot less effort to use Word's cross references to headings. Using bookmarks works just as well but requires two steps. First you have to create the bookmark, then you have to insert a cross reference that refers to that bookmark. The headings are already there and all you have to do is create a cross reference to them. I create bookmarks for text in my document that's not a heading and that I want to reuse elsewhere in the document, but for the vast majority of my cross references I want the heading text.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Website developer