Re: What did you learn when you competed in the STC competition?

Subject: Re: What did you learn when you competed in the STC competition?
From: "Paresh Naik" <paresh -dot- n -dot- naik -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:29:47 +0530

I and my team have competed (and won a few awards).

Competing helped me to:

- Establish the documentation team's competency in front of the upper
management team comprising of non-documentation people

- Motivate the documentation team for that extra mile effort

- Benchmark my team's practices and standards against industry's best

- Learn how to convince the management team for permissions to participate
in such competitions when they are apprehensive about Intellectual Property
leakage concerns

Thanks,

Paresh

On 2/22/07, Martinek, Carla <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com> wrote:

I'm working on a presentation for a local STC chapter meeting, and
thought I'd throw this question out to all of you for some feedback.

If you've competed in an STC (or other technical doc) competition in the
past as a judge and/or a submitter, what did you learn from
participating in the competition that helped you improve your
documentation and/or your skills?

Thanks,
Carla