Tools: Adobe Reader search results

Subject: Tools: Adobe Reader search results
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:39:30 -0500

In Apple's Preview software (the PDF reader bundled with OS X), using the search function produces a little window pane to the right of the document window that displays a complete list of all occurrences of the search term in the document, plus a few of the surrounding terms (effectively, a "keyword in context" list). Very useful! Clicking on any item in that list takes you to the correct page and highlights that item.

I thought I'd seen this same feature in Adobe Reader (formerly Acrobat Reader), but when I went looking, I couldn't find the settings that would let me do this in the current version of the software. Am I misremembering, or does Reader actually provide this functionality? If so, how do I enable it?

-- Geoff Hart
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
www.geoff-hart.com
Coming soon: _Effective onscreen editing_ (http://www.geoff-hart.com/ home/onscreen-book.htm)