Re: Any comments on Word 2007?

Subject: Re: Any comments on Word 2007?
From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Thomas Johnson" <tajohnson -at- microlinetc -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:12:55 -0500

I have heard that Word 2007 and Robohelp 6 are not compatible. Does anyone
know?

Thanks!
PT

On 2/21/07, Thomas Johnson <tajohnson -at- microlinetc -dot- com> wrote:

I've been so much as told to upgrade to Office 2007. We're developing a
program to generate reports from gobs of data and our developer sees
advantages to working with 2007. I'm going to be working with the
developer
to design the output so I have to have 2007 on my system. His thought is
that we might as well get things worked out as soon as we can--we'll have
support 2007 eventually, so let's get going!

So far, other than having to learn the new interface, issues have been
minimal. In some ways, the new interface makes a lot of sense. In a few
cases, I've had some trouble finding the right buttons or commands.

I spent just a short time playing around with paragraph numbering. At
first
blush, it seems to be an improvement. At least I had to try to break it.
Yes, you can break it. No, I didn't conduct exhaustive testing--only one
numbering style.

On a positive note, some of the other Office applications are much easier
use, at least I think so. I'm building a database in Access and it's the
best I've seen out of 95, 97, 2000, 2003 and 2007. And, 2007 gives you the
ability to save your files in older formats for backward compatibility.
Programs warn you if you're going to lose any functionality. Your milage
may
vary.

Tom Johnson