Re: RE: resumes/recruiters

Subject: Re: RE: resumes/recruiters
From: Jill Marie Jeffries <jjeffri1 -at- gmu -dot- edu>
To: Lauren <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:08:24 -0500

Resumes are very important, they make the first impression to a hiring manager. Being a recruiter for a large government contractor, I work with candidates/employees daily on re-writing their resumes to target specific positions. Most of the people I talk to have multiple resumes to meet different positions. I think it is a good idea because you don't want to have a 10 page resume, but have a few, ex.. Software Developer resume, Project Manager resume, etc...

I know resumes in our company are extremely important because we need to get the customer's buy in on the candidate. They typically want to see how the candidate can fit into the job that they are trying to fill, and specific information detailing their experience related to the technology in their environment.