RE: Dori's post -- working on one thing at a time

Subject: RE: Dori's post -- working on one thing at a time
From: "Cardimon,Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:01:27 -0500

------------------------------

Message: 36
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 10:22:25 -0500
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
Subject: RE: Speaking of indexing...
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>

Somebody nameless just flamed me a good one off-list for taking a week
index our 50-page quality manual.

Before anybody else feels inclined to beat me up off or on-list, please
allow me to clarify that within that week I also created twenty forms, a
detailed review and update of the quality manual with management, a
30-slide
training presentation, and 30 detailed work instructions -- and
hand-walked
everything through the approval process, and did all of the clerical
background database updates and copying and filing and distributions.

What, I should be the only technical writer in the world who does only
one
thing at a time?

Oh yeah, and took flak here at work for "goofing off" because I'm
working at
my computer, not walking around on the plant floor enough (in somebody's
perception).

Rant, grump, so there.

Dori Green

------------------------------

Hi Dori,

I too work on one thing at a time. I too don't walk around our building
very much. I can sit right in my cube all day in front of my computer
and do everything I need to do.

If I need to go see someone to clarify an issue, I do so. I can easily
see, however, how some of the more gregarious members of our company
could interpret that as "hiding." They may say what they will.

My manager's manager, the guy who hired me, stopped by to chat last
Friday. He's happy with my progress thus far. Therefore, I'm ecstatic.

Just thought I'd send in a post and chime in on your side.

-- Craig