Re: Opinion anyone?

Subject: Re: Opinion anyone?
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:27:28 +1100

Dan Goldstein wrote:

> Sean Brierley wrote:
>>
>> ... I don't know why a potential employer would dismiss
>> non-U.S. technical writing experience.
>
> Yeah, that one surprised me, too. I had no trouble getting a job in the
> U.S. after working as a tech writer in Israel, and I know others who
> have made the same move.

Same here. If you have five years in the field,
that experience should count, and your written
English seems fine judging from this message.
As others have said, sounds like the problem
is more with your representation than with you.

One thing I did when I moved from the US to
Israel and then back was to get letters of
recommendation from past jobs to provide to
potential employers to avoid the problem of
them not being able to get references easily
from overseas. You might want to do the same.

Good luck!

-- Janice

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address