RE: Old PC Technology (too long, sorry)

Subject: RE: Old PC Technology (too long, sorry)
From: stevefjong -at- comcast -dot- net
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:23:40 +0000

At my first job, we used Smith-Corona portables. (The most productive writer was given an IBM Selectric, but then he wrote his first drafts out longhand, in pencil.) The Smith-Coronas were no better than what I'd used in college, and when the repair tech came to work on them and called in to his office from our cube, actually said over the phone, "Yes, I'm in a business and they use Smith-Corona portables."
Later, doing a freelancing odd job, I documented a database product implemented on a TRS-80 in BASIC, using BASIC as the WP tool.
-- Steve (who might as well break out the walker now, because none of you will ever hire me now that you know how far back I go 8^(

Steven Jong ("Typo? What tpyo?")
Past President, STC Boston Chapter
stevefjong -at- comcast -dot- net, 978-413-2553 [C]
* I am a candidate for STC Director | For more info, visit: www.StevenJong.net *