RE: "Standard" browsers?

Subject: RE: "Standard" browsers?
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:07:07 -0600

Kevin McLauchlan wrote:

> Also, IE (any version) has 0% of the marketplace for
> operating systems other than Windows. Since many of us
> support Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc., it rather behooves
> us to create Help and other docs that can be read on any of
> those platforms.

Sorry, wrong. Before Apple replaced it with Safari in 2003, IE was the
_default_ browser on the Mac. It remained available until the beginning
of 2006. I have no idea how many Mac users still use IE, but given the
number of people who still cling to Netscape 4.x, I wouldn't be
surprised if it's a significant number.

In any case, to reiterate what I said earlier, the OP was asking about
WinHelp vs. WinHelp2000. All the comments about other OSes, etc., seem
to have overlooked that in their eagerness to promote their Anything But
Microsoft (tm) philosophy.

Harrumph!
;-)

Richard