Re: Actual Site Stats - Firefox 2 versus IE 7

Subject: Re: Actual Site Stats - Firefox 2 versus IE 7
From: "Cardimon,Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:12:08 -0400

From:

[mailto:techwr-l-bounces+gordon -dot- mclean=grahamtechnology -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr
-l.c

om] On Behalf Of Kevin Amery

Sent: 02 April 2007 16:57

Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

<<Well, I don't think it should surprise anyone that if, by your own

admission, the site doesn't work well in Firefox, then Firefox users
aren't

likely to spend a lot of time there....>>

Take this example to the extreme.

When I was shopping around for a new car, I visited various websites.
You'd be amazed how many sites use ActiveX. That requires IE.

I always use Firefox. Never IE except when updating. So I emailed a
handful of the site admins, saying their sites did not appear to be
Firefox compatible. Their response, across the board, was "We recommend
IE."

When I responded that I didn't use IE, but that I was in the market for
a new car, and would like to take a look at their site, they got very
snarky. The more civilized responses went something like, "Then you'd
better install IE, then, hadn't you."

I never went back to any of those automobile websites. And they wonder
why the car industry is in turmoil.

-- Craig

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList