Re: Silver and Gold Printer Inks

Subject: Re: Silver and Gold Printer Inks
From: Dada <ideafarmer -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Karen L. Zorn" <k -dot- zorn -at- zorntech -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:53:10 -0400

If the stock you are using is white and the black is achieved by flood
printing, this should not be a problem. There are Pantone gold,
silver and copper colours which mean that you will need to print a
fifth colour if this is a four-colour press job. You may want a
varnish to protect it which would count as a sixth colour. This would
make a high-quality glossy product.

If the stock you are using is black, you should be able to overprint
the gold/silver ink as spot colour depending upon the absorbency of
the stock. Is it matte or gloss?

If you do not have a Pantone colour book, your printer should have one
so you can select the colour you would like to use.

The bottom line is how much is your client willing to spend on the project?

Please let me know if this information was helpful?

Thank you.

Daphne L. Hunt
Express the Past
Address the Present