Re: A semi-hard landing....

Subject: Re: A semi-hard landing....
From: "Frank Ellifsen" <frank -dot- ellifsen -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:42:00 -0600

I have an update....

But first, as someone pointed out, my math was grossly in error. I suppose
that makes me feel somewhat better, but not really. Thanks for pointing out
the error.

I had my meeting. I was able to appease, but not please, Bob, but with the
pressure and requirements he had placed on me, appeasement was really the
best thing to hope for. Long story short: I think I've bought myself a
maximum of only a few weeks. The last time I saw that gleam in Bob's eye,
the guy lasted only three more weeks.

Needless to say, I have an updated resume sitting in a dozen HR e-mail
inboxes. Staying really isn't an option for me. Bob is an abusive man with
no patience or understanding for our industry. If it weren't for the
potential trouble it could cause me, I'd gladly identify both him and his
company to protect the rest of you. Let me just say that a fellow technical
writer visited me before I took the job and spent several hours trying to
talk me out of it based on her past experiences with Bob. I wish I had
listened then. Oh well. The past is past, and I am wiser.

At the very least, I know what to avoid in the future.

Thanks to the support both on and off list.

Frank

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList