Re: A Good Problem, but a Problem Nonetheless...

Subject: Re: A Good Problem, but a Problem Nonetheless...
From: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L Administrator" <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:44:57 -0500

Just to clarify what your situation is,

are you feeling like you're being used as a highly paid (I hope) admin or a
layout artist?

If so, I think I'd be concerned, just in terms of what I would be able to
show during my time there. It sounds like a well-run company, lucky you, but
even then, one can never predict when it will be necessary or preferable to
start looking, so I definitely agree with what I take to be your misgivings.

On the other hand, it's possible that you can take your connection with the
director to the next level. For example, moving toward a semi-management
role by suggesting that they bring on a contractor (perhaps well-versed in
the areas she asks you to do) to take care of such things. You could act as
a go-between.

Just an idea, though it doesn't sound like you're looking for that role. But
considering that you're aware of a wide range of needs, it's very possible
that you're acting that way, in some sense.

Regards,

Kathleen

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList