Re: Distributing Word docs to customers

Subject: Re: Distributing Word docs to customers
From: Yves JEAUROND <jingting -at- rogers -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 10:50:22 -0400 (EDT)

NEVER send Word docs to customers. Period.

- Illustrations.
I hardly ever embed illustrations (.JPG), to save
on file size and to reuse in other pubs.
Delivering Word docs would mean delivering the illustrations too ?!?

- A doc's template? There are weird normal.dot files out there,
let me tell ya... And Word is buggy about styles with auto-numbering
when they are part of a customized template.

Most users of Word are typists, not TWs, editors or
DTPs. Any professionally designed doc would
get ordinary Word users into trouble quicker than you can
say Jackflash. "I just deleted some text [that included the first
section marker] and all of the footers and headers changed..."
What's wrong with this document? <sigh>

<grin> And it would be the writer's fault, of course. :-(

Regards,
YJ

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList