Re: re Interviewing Tech Writers

Subject: Re: re Interviewing Tech Writers
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com>
To: "Des Rivieres, Lynne" <DesriL -at- parl -dot- gc -dot- ca>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:45:51 -0400

While it is good to have another opinion, I would suggest that you go with
your gut reaction and keep interviewing.

Thank you,
Michelle Vina-Baltsas
Technical Writer
Datascope Corporation, Patient Monitoring
201.995.8350
michelle_vina-baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com

"Des Rivieres, Lynne" <DesriL -at- parl -dot- gc -dot- ca>
Sent by:
05/10/2007 01:04 PM

cc

Subject
re Interviewing Tech Writers

I spent some time with my boss and another colleague
interviewing TW for a project that is coming up. There is nothing
specific I can put my finger on, but I suspect one of the people is a
nit-picker and would not be very effective at producing documentation.
The person asked too many questions about formats and templates and who
is responsible for that; I had explained earlier about having templates
and formats ready. Also, this person expects SMEs to give her straight
answers because the time was booked to this discuss this; I don't think
she is realistic.

The boss liked this person because he saw a pattern of
problem-solving; I saw it as someone who wants his/her way. I explained
to the boss that I didn't think this person would fit in because things
don't happen exactly as you want them, so I would rather have someone
who can switch gear easily and get something done. This person seems to
need someone to hold their hand when I want someone who has discipline
and initiative.

Am I reading too much into this person? I will be the
senior
the TW will report to and I need help. Any suggestions or ideas before
the final decision is made?

Lynne Des Rivieres

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
michelle_vina-baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/michelle_vina-baltsas%40datascope.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList