Copyright notices

Subject: Copyright notices
From: "Prashanth Menon" <prashanthv -dot- menon -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:51:58 +0530

Hello all:

I have a few questions on copyrights and disclaimer. Please let me
know if you have the answers.

1. What is the common practice while writing copyright notices? I have
seen most notices use a standard syntax such as this: (c) 2007
<company name> All rights reserved.
2. If such a statement controls the right to copy, then what happens
of the Berne Convention
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works),
which states that the author of original work is automatically
entitled to all copyrights in the work? Is this applicable to "work
for hire" as well?
3. What are the implications of warranting the documentation?
4. Is it necessary to include the trademarks of ALL other companies
whose products are used in the current document? Which means this list
changes with the product and its document?

Thanks in advance,
Prashanth

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList