RE: Meeting (Teleconference) Facilitation

Subject: RE: Meeting (Teleconference) Facilitation
From: "Steve Cavanaugh" <scavanaugh -at- nat-seattle -dot- com>
To: "Anthony" <italian_scribbles -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:53:36 -0700

1. Have an agenda for every meeting. Begin by reviewing the agenda and
ONLY add items your customer feels are important. If someone is adamant
that their issue is important to discuss, sidetrack that by taking an
action to call a separate meeting.
2. Stick to the agenda!
3. If the meeting wanders off or gets sidetracked, take control. Take
an action to have a side meeting or separate discussion for off-topic
issues. Don't let the troublemakers take control! It helps to start
your meeting by explaining the three knock rule: "I will knock on the
table three times if I feel we are out of control."
4. Have someone else take minutes so you can focus on the discussion.
5. Assign action items and have them published in the meeting minutes.
6. Follow up on the action items. It often helps to start by reviewing
actions from the last meeting and their current status.

Good luck!

Steve Cavanaugh