RE: Professionalism and pay

Subject: RE: Professionalism and pay
From: "Simon North" <Simon -dot- North -at- quintiq -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:43:46 +0200

Simon North, Technical Writer.
Quintiq Application Software BV
's Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands

---
"Computer interfaces and user interfaces are as different as night and
1".

>>> Stansbury, Stan<SBS -at- dolby -dot- com> 24/05/2007 17:19 pm >>>

> I've seen with my own eyes how little auto mechanics rely on the
> documentation to do their jobs, and I'll bet the same is true of
> aircraft mechanics.

You just lost the bet; please transfer $10 to my PayPal account
forthwith.

As an aircraft mechanic in a former life; I can assure you that all of
us
read the documentation more often than you read your email. Aircraft
maintenance documentation has the force of law. When you 'sign' for
the completion of a job, you make a legal declaration that you have
read
and followed the instructions. If it turns out you didn't, you go to
jail.

Anyone else wanna give me some money?

Simon.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of Quintiq. It is only intended for the person to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use
this message or any part thereof. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of
this message. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change,
therefore they are not binding.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList