Re: Syntext Serna's DocBook 5.0 Support and PDF generation issues

Subject: Re: Syntext Serna's DocBook 5.0 Support and PDF generation issues
From: Jan Cohen <najnehoc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dishaa <dishaag -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:48:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dishaa,

Don't use Serna myself, but I did read the faq at Serna's site which states that the fop.sh xsl formatting app doesn't ship with Serna. If that's true, you'll have to obtain, install and configure fop.sh to work with Serna on your computer.

Try having a look at http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/InstallingAnFO.html for additional info regarding the fo app.

HTH,

jan cohen

Dishaa <dishaag -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote: Hello members,

I would really appreciate if members of this community who have used Syntext Serna can come to the rescue.

I have 2 queries:

1. In the list of New document Categories, I do not see DocBook version 5.0.
Can you let me know if Serna's Enterprise version 3.3.0 supports DocBook version 5.0? If no, can you let me know which version of Serna supports it.
If none of them currently support it, can DocBook version 5.0 be installed as an add-on?

2. Can you let me know how I resolve this error that I am getting when I try to publish the XML file as a .pdf. Currently, I am using a trial version of the software.

SCRIPT BEGINS:
+ fop.sh -xml /home/dganapathy/Desktop/publishTempB7NeGM -xsl /u01/localapp/serna/serna-3.3/xml/stylesheets/docbook-xsl-1.68.1/fo/docbook.xsl -pdf Test1.pdf
/u01/localapp/serna/serna-3.3/utils/publishing/runFop.sh: line 3: fop.sh: command not found
SCRIPT ENDS:

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList