RE: This too is technical communication

Subject: RE: This too is technical communication
From: "D. Hailey" <fahailey -at- imail -dot- english -dot- usu -dot- edu>
To: "'Ned Bedinger'" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>, "'Dori Green'" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:41:08 -0600

This thread has moved from the breadth of technical communication to how
best to position yourself for contributing to the company. May I suggest
Michelle Murphy's article in INTERCOM on this subject.

"Protecting Yourself from Offshoring: Advice for U.S. Based Technical
Communicators." Intercom. February 2007.

The article is about how to be an important contributor, and how to make
sure the company knows you are an important contributor. Although the
article is an opinion piece, it results from months of careful research into
the nature and future of technical communication, and is based on good
information.

For what little it's worth, I highly recommend it.

David E. Hailey, Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Professor -- Professional and Technical Writing
Utah State University
dhailey -at- english -dot- usu -dot- edu