Indian jobs?

Subject: Indian jobs?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Sandy Harris <sandyinchina -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:54:52 -0400

Sandy Harris notes: <<I'm ready to move on, I'd even like to get real
job again, but I'm not really wanting to leave Asia. The obvious
possibility would be India, probably Bangalore. I've sent off a few
resumes via Monster India without much reaction. I suspect they're
mostly looking for cheap new grads.>>

You should probably join the Technical Writers of India (http://
groups.yahoo.com/group/technical_writers_india/) group and ask your
question there. Nice bunch of people, and a lot of job opportunities
get advertised in the e-mailings. Don't forget to broaden your search
to include Hyderabad (Cyberabad <g>), another major IT source. Beyond
that, I have only a sketchy knowledge of the employment situation in
India, so I can't really provide any better advice.

I suspect you may face the same challenge finding work in India that
you found initially in China: getting your foot in the door. India is
not China, but while I was there, I got a strong sense that starting
with relationships before getting down to business is equally
important in both cultures. A pleasant task, fortunately!

-- Geoff Hart
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
www.geoff-hart.com
***Now available*** _Effective onscreen editing_
(http://www.geoff-hart.com/home/onscreen-book.htm)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList