RE: Proposal Writing

Subject: RE: Proposal Writing
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Mike Starr'" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:24:27 -0700

DANG!!! There's a market-base that I didn't even think of tapping. Thanks.
I wrote the proposal for my friend's company and I'm the Business Analyst on
the project. So I essentially wrote my own job.

> I've only worked on a couple proposals and have no idea what
> the results
> were

I'm glad that I found out these results and results of some of my past
proposalish docs. You could have done a good job on your proposals and not
know it.

> I had to do a lot of careful reading of the RFPs to
> make sure that the
> final proposals met all of the requirements outlined.

I think that was a problem with my friend. He gave me his proposal ideas
when he asked me to work on it. The state wants what it wants and nothing
more. My friend tossed out a lot about his methodology for completing the
project, but he didn't address the requirements of the project. I focused
on requirements and abilities to meet those requirements.

> I'm pretty sure STC has a SIG that addresses that aspect of technical
> communication. Don't know if you're an STC member but my
> experience with
> STC's SIGs has been overwhelmingly positive.

I'll take a look around.

> Best regards,
>
> Mike

Thanks,