RE: How do you publish your documents, guides or completed help

Subject: RE: How do you publish your documents, guides or completed help
From: "Ole Andersen" <ora -at- dita-exchange -dot- com>
To: "Daniel Ng" <kjng -at- gprotechnologies -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:17:36 +0200

Daniel, working with SharePoint to get up-dated content to the field engineers is probably one of the most efficient ways for a company like your own. However I suggest you use e.g. the workflow tool build into SharePoint Server 2007 to keep the content updated instead of doing a lot of manual work.

If you need to reuse content across customer-projects you might even want to have a look at DITA Exchange? This system is designed to reuse chunks of information (XML-components) across multiple customer and to publish the content to whatever format the customer (or your engineers) wants. If the customer requires his documentation to be updated on a PDF basis you will automatically send him a new version every time the basic documentation is updated. If he requires the same thing for his intranet - you will automatically update his intranet. And if your field engineers requires an off-line version of the current documentation, they can download it to their laptop from a hotel or an internet-hotspot.

I hope this helps telling you that you are on the right track?

If you require additional information or want to discuss specific ideas, please feel free to contact me off-list.

Thanks, Ole

Best Regards
>< Content Technologies ApS
Ole Rom Andersen