RE: Nuts.

Subject: RE: Nuts.
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Chris Borokowski'" <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:09:51 -0400

Chris Borokowski wrote:

>In my view, there is no effect on the bottom line if measured within
the year. TWs enhance product satisfaction, and as a result add value,
but this is only measured in brand enhancement. Brand enhancement
results in customers retained and added, but without taking the
five-year view it's impossible to even allege drunkenly that bottom
line is augmented.<

It all depends on the company. I made an impact in less than a year, but it
was also a small company serving a niche market. Most of the customers knew
staff members on a first name basis, and most had complained before about
the quality of the documentation. The company had tried to rectify the
problem by hiring English majors who knew a little bit about Pagemaker. When
they decided to hire me for a marketing position, they got someone who had
nearly 30 years background in hardware/software design, service and
documentation, magazine publishing, photography, web development...etc. I
also knew PageMaker from version 2.0. Would I have had the same results in a
different company...probably not, but it can be done and it doesn't have to
take five years, or excessive quantities of barleywine (although there were
times when that could have helped).

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design and Award Winning
Videos
Voice/Msg: 802-658-3140
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
office and beautiful note cards for all occasions.)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList