RE: Lack of self-awareness in a writer...what to do

Subject: RE: Lack of self-awareness in a writer...what to do
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Mike Starr'" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:50:47 -0700

> From: Mike Starr

> Everyone seems to be jumping on the "pitch him out" bandwagon
> but I wonder
> if HR can establish a process whereby he's demoted from his
> senior level
> status if he can't improve his performance. Maybe make it a two-step

I thought about that too, but he's been there 10 years and the rest of team,
except one person, have been there 2 years or less. Some companies place a
lot of weight in how long a person has been at the company and it might be
difficult to demote a person with 10-year seniority to the level of a person
with less than 2-year seniority.

If Tom is persistently resistant to the team's process, then maybe he should
be transferred to another group rather than fired. I'm starting to think
that the OP might not really be in a position to fire Tom, but it is really
unfair to let him stay in a department where he doesn't fit in.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList