RE: 40-hour weeks (was Re: FWD: Lack...)

Subject: RE: 40-hour weeks (was Re: FWD: Lack...)
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:08:30 -0400

Jim Morgan presented a great checklist:

* Do I get as much sleep as I would like (quality and quantity)?

Yes, 8 hours with extra hammock naps on weekends

* Do I take have to take sick time for routine viral or bacterial
infections (colds and flu)?

Knock on wood, I don't get those any more (organic food and herbs)

* For those with a family: Do members express a desire to spend
more time with me?

Yes, but they're 100+ miles away and there's that rising gas price thingie going on so I keep suggesting we alternate visits. My sister's actually coming up this weekend, finally!

* Do I feel like I have time to participate in recreational,
charitable and/or religious activities (ignoring the high-minded
reasons, studies prove that people doing so are happier and healthier)?

Yes, I can always make time for what's important to me. Unless a goat is sick.

* Do I take my full allotment of vacation (again, the studies
thing)?

You betcha -- it's part of my salary (compensation).

* Are I regularly depressed, angry, rude, road-raged, or otherwise
showing behaviors I'd prefer not to have or others have commented on?

Proud of my recent ability to stay centered while others have behaved that way.

* Are I physically fit (proper diet and exercise)?

Lost 24 lbs. since April (on purpose) despite bad knee injury. Working on P-T for the knee, staying on target. Still too fat but am not going to fix that by Tuesday. Just had first treadmill cardiac test to make sure everything is okay -- it is, so I start working out on Monday.

* Do I feel stressed?

On particular issues, sometimes. So I take action on them. I freely admit to not putting in so much effort on job-related work when they don't keep up with their end of the job (SME access and management direction). I prefer to work where I can happily and voluntarily go the extra five miles with the boss. One of my antidotes to stress is....writing!

Dori Green

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList