The age-old markup question, with a twist

Subject: The age-old markup question, with a twist
From: Writers Book Mall <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 14:23:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all.

For reasons too obscure to mention, a client wants my
low-markup payroll agency to charge them a "standard"
markup.

For reasons even more obscure, this is actually
relevant to me. (I say this so that those who would
normally respond, as I would, with "the agency markup
is irrelevant to you" will understand that this
doesn't apply in this case.)

So, what is the range of "standard" markups for an
agency these days?

Thanks!

Finally, a web host who will help you build and run a site: The Hosting Team - http://www.thehostingteam.com
Books for writers at http://www.writersbookmall.com