RE: Guess what: we suck!

Subject: RE: Guess what: we suck!
From: "Condo, Candis" <ccondo -at- c-cor -dot- com>
To: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, "Chris Borokowski" <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:14:26 -0700

Al,

I couldn't agree more. I have been a tech writer/pubs manager for 27
years and we are STILL fighting the same battles. Namely, SME's
inability or unwillingness to review doc, talk to writers etc.
Management's unwillingness to change that particular behavior (like
making doc review part of the SME's performance appraisal, for example)
and deadlines that do NOT include even adequate time for doc development
much less time for superior docs.

Granted, my current employer is the worst by far in this arena but the
hi-tech (ok, Gene, read software development) just does NOT seem to get
it.

I have to admit, I am tired of explaining this one. You can only go to
the well so many times. When it's dry, it's dry.

Candis