RE: Looking for a Word Indexing Plug-in

Subject: RE: Looking for a Word Indexing Plug-in
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Frank'" <frank -at- research -dot- canon -dot- com -dot- au>, "'Pinkham, Jim'" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:36:20 -0700

Howdy Frank,

You don't need a plug-in, but you do need creativity. Hyperlinks are
associated with the TOC field. The Index field has other options and no
hyperlinking.

Index codes are given the style, eg., "Index 1," "Index 2," etc. If this is
not true in your document, then figure out what styles are used for indexes.
Use a TOC field instead of and INDEX field to get your index. Toggle the
field codes so that you can see the TOC field and codes and change the
styles that are used to build your TOC to the index styles.

Here's an example, { TOC \h \z \t "Index 1,1,Index 2,2" }. The switch "\h"
hyperlinks the entries, "\z" hides the page numbers in web view, and "\t"
uses styles other than standard TOC styles. Good luck with formatting this
how you want and I think that in the TOC field you will lose the index alpha
switch, "\A" that separates your entries with letters of the alphabet. I
think you lose that, unless you can tweak your field.

Good Luck,

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList