Microsoft Word Questions - With Grammar and spelling corrected

Subject: Microsoft Word Questions - With Grammar and spelling corrected
From: ActionA -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:45:43 EDT

Hi all,

Let me try again (I was in a hurry yesterday):

I have a word document that uses a numbering scheme of 1-1, 2-1,
3-1,....G-1, I-1. The G and I stand for Glossary and Index. The table of contents
takes its page number from Heading 1 and I've set it up so that the numbering is
in hidden text because the client doesn't want the chapter number to appear,
but does
want the page numbers to be numbered as previously mentioned. They also want
the TOC to use those page numbers.

I can get the numbered chapters to work correctly, but not the Glossary or
Index. Any ideas?

Also, I have not been able to get the pdf file made from the Word file to
have working links in the Index. Is there some sort of trick to make that
work?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Nancy Adams

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList