What is the best term to use?

Subject: What is the best term to use?
From: "Zen C" <zenizenc -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:06:24 -0400

Hi,

The software I am currently using is designed as such that there are many
ways of doing the same thing. It is separated in to modules and when you
click a module you get a window with tabs and they relate to different
functions. Some of these tabs (functions) are repeated in different modules.
So you can access the Payments tab/application using the Financial module or
the Booking module.

The current help refers to these tabs as 'applications' as each tab has its
unique functionality.

According to the Microsoft Manual of Styles 'application' isn't the best
term to use and tabs doesn't seem to sound right either. I can say click the
Payments tab, but when I am describing or referring to the tab it doesn't
sound right cos it has its own unique functionality.

For example:You can now make the Payments application a read only to avoid
unauthorized access.
You can now make the Payments tab a read only to avoid unauthorized access.

These probably are not the best examples, but can someone help with a better
name to call it.

Zen

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList