Re: Agriculture and Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Agriculture and Tech Writing
From: <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: Dash Barron <dashbarron -at- hotmail -dot- com>,<techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 9:07:50 -0400

Dash Barron asks about possible connections between
TW and agriculture.

One might imagine that livestock farmer who reads
the Merck Vet Manual for breakfast (and is able to
decode much of it because of having studied Latin,
chemistry, etc.) would be a shoo-in for a job doing
pharmaceutical tech writing.

No such thing. Last time I checked, they (giant sized
kompany) wanted only writers who had already worked
there.

It will be a great leap, unless you want to try
writing the missing Wikipedia articles on farming,
and use those as your writing samples. But I don't
know who's looking for that kind of writer except
Ag schools, and they get theirs from the grad
students.

Dori Green (in upstate NY) and I (in central NC) are
the only two admitted farmers here on TECHWR-L. Any
others keep their herds or turnip-fields hidden.

Dash, what is your agricultural speciality?

--Peter Neilson

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList