Re: musicians among us -- ON TOPIC, please!

Subject: Re: musicians among us -- ON TOPIC, please!
From: doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com
To: <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:47:08 -0800

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:37:48 -0500, you wrote:

>Friends,
>Do I have to be involved in observing this inane (and non-TW)
>discussion while I'm hoping to read about tech writing?

Agreed,and I'd add that this list is notoriously off-topic
and unrepentant. Many of us want it to be more
professional, even if it means it would be less cute.

I think Peter has a right to expect a better-moderated
list. Many people read this list for professional content,
and are not reading in hopes of hearing alll the random
noise in the minds of our most distracted posters. Readers
want professional content, just like on any non-chat
internet mailing list.

Believe it or not, techwr-l has a chat list. I doubt it has
seen more than a dozen posts in the past year.

Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList