Re: new laptop

Subject: Re: new laptop
From: "Edwin Skau" <eddy -dot- skau -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Amy Sennesh Vastola" <asv -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:06:15 +0530

Hi Amy,

I'd recommend getting a system that *you're* most comfortable with. You're a
returning writer and you don't want to have issues with an unfamiliar system
that may be perceived as a skill lapse.

You'll want to be able to focus on core productivity rather than on settling
into a new system/environment. Your mail doesn't mention how technically
adventurous you are. I'm sure your son would be a big help, but that may
not be good enough.

I'd also recommend eventually getting those other systems and hooking them
up into a home network with virtualization et al, to expand your skills set
and prepare you for assignments you may have otherwise not considered.

Whatever your decision, I wish you all the best.

May 2008 bring you much success, happiness, and peace.
Edwin

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList