RE: Combining numbered and bulleted lists in Word

Subject: RE: Combining numbered and bulleted lists in Word
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:00:20 -0500

Wow, lotta questions so early in the day...

Yes.

> Or is it because, while Word _could_ do it with Styles, it
> makes the task sufficiently difficult and chancy...

Word's style-based autonumbering is not difficult, but it is chancy.

> ... that you find the AutoText method easier and more
> reliable?

Yes.

> Or have you just gotten really good at making Word jump
> through hoops with AutoText (hammer) and every challenge now
> looks like a nail... er... AutoText candidate? :-)

Not every challenge, no.

> Word 2003 is roughly equivalent to Word Umpty-twelve in the
> previous numbering system isn't it?

Yes.

> You'd think they could have gotten styles to work smoothly
> and reliably by that point, wouldn't you?

Styles yes, autonumbering no.

> Our company (like so many) has ... um... "paused" at Windows
> XP and Word 2003, determined to wait until MS squeezes some
> of the crud out of Vista and Office 2007. Can anyone offer
> an opinion whether that day is nearing?

The buzz on Word-PC (where the experts play) is that Word 2007 has done
no harm, and in some cases might be an improvement. I wouldn't recommend
that my company spend the money to upgrade to it, but I also wouldn't
actively campaign against it.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList