Re: permalancer

Subject: Re: permalancer
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Laura Lemay <lemay -at- lauralemay -dot- com>, "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:27:07 -0800 (PST)

Another good point to which I have only additions (probably not
important enough to be icing on the cake, but perhaps gumdrops in the
corners).

In every generation, most people are going to be kind of lazy,
disorganized, and so on. We don't remember them thirty years on,
because they fade into the wallpaper. We remember the successes, and I
don't mean just monetary successes, but people who were able to fulfill
a role or task with grace and accuracy.

Generation X, and whatever this new generation is called, are bringing
something good with them, and that's a mindset that work needs to
balance a healthy life. They don't like busy work. They like meaningful
tasks.

I can't argue with that. I'm sure the best of them, thirty years on
(assuming civilization survives), will be remembered well.

In the meantime, the smartest of them are recognizing that they can
learn a lot from the seasoned oldtimers who aren't already so bitter,
burnt out and ungracious they have nothing good to say. I like how most
of the self-proclaimed curmudgeons on this list have secret hearts of
gold.

--- Laura Lemay <lemay -at- lauralemay -dot- com> wrote:

> I remember much of that same advice being said about my generation,
> Generation X. We were lazy, slackers, we didn't want to put in our
> dues, we were selfish, we had no sense of company loyalty, we had
> short
> attention spans, and only wanted to work on things that made us
> happy.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

Be a better friend, newshound, and

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList