RE: Document management tools, phase II

Subject: RE: Document management tools, phase II
From: "Evans, Diane L (Rosetta)" <diane_evans -at- merck -dot- com>
To: "Peet, Leslie (Ajilon)" <lpeet -at- allstate -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:04:20 -0800

>I have been asked to try to collect feedback from "live users"
>before we pick a tool.

When our company was selecting a requirements management tool some years
ago, we created a project to place into the tool. We then asked for
sales people from each of the three companies we were considering to
give a demo of how their tool would work with that project. (The
project was simple: requirements for a restaurant menu.)

You should consider a similar process. What would you like to do with
the tool? (You have written the requirements document, haven't you?)
Devise a short test project that would demonstrate your requirements
("When we compare Documents A1 and A2, the changes are displayed.") The
company will either send a salesperson out, or will give you a temporary
license to use the product. If they refuse to do either, then strike
them off your list! ("Company has poor customer service.")

Diane Evans
Requirements Analyst
ASQ CSQE
Rosetta Inpharmatics
206-802-6560

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList