Need printer suggestions

Subject: Need printer suggestions
From: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:31:51 -0500

Our old HP d135 All-In-One is dying. It isn't pretty. The scanner is
dead and the rest of it is looking a bit pale. The colors are way off,
as well.

We have two computers. An old Dell from 2002 (5300?) that keeps on
ticking and a newer Sony Vaio. When our printer gets a bit more pitiful,
I'm going to get a new one and try, again, to rig up a home network.

I have tried before, without success, to create a network. I think our
Dell is just too old. I tried making a network disk using its 3.5 slot
(!). The Sony wouldn't read it and said the disc needed to be formatted,
which I already did in the Dell.

We need a decent home office printer that produces good text and good
photos. High output is not necessary. We have a "home office" but no
home business or anything like that just yet. Reading from camera memory
cards would be nice, but we don't need it. Network ready would also be
nice.

I was thinking about the Epson Stylus Photo RX595 Photo All-in-One
Printer, which got a nice review at
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/13/technology/circuits/13printer.html
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/13/technology/circuits/13printer.html>
, and is available at Amazon
(http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Stylus-Photo-RX595-Printer/dp/B000SDW62O/re
f=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203356560&sr=8-1
<http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Stylus-Photo-RX595-Printer/dp/B000SDW62O/re
f=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203356560&sr=8-1> )

If anyone has an opinion, I would love to hear it. No, really.

-- Craig

Information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
do not read, distribute or reproduce this transmission (including any attachments). If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by telephone or email reply.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList