Re: Need printer suggestions

Subject: Re: Need printer suggestions
From: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:41:36 -0800 (PST)

Cardimon, Craig wrote:

"I was thinking about the Epson Stylus Photo RX595 Photo All-in-One
Printer, which got a nice review...."

We purchased a RX595 several months ago for my wife's home office and it's
great. Ink cartridges are inexpensive and unlike the HP printers, the
paper doesn't have to make a U-turn on it's way to the print head. (I have
several HP printers prior to buying an Epson Stylus Photo R1800 for myself
and have never had the feed problems I experienced with the HP products.)

As for ink usage and output quality, an important consideration for those
of us who do a lot of printing....the newer generation of Epson printers
(including the RX595) sip ink, the printed outputs are spectacular and
when printed on Epson or Ilford inkjet photo paper, the prints can last up
to 150 years without fading.

As for networking capabilities, all printers will be available to the
computers connected to your home network if they are set up to share. You
can also look at getting a print server module to connect it directly to
the network versus going through a computer. There are plusses and minus
to both methods. You can always pick up an inexpensive book on networking
basics (a Dummy or Idiot's Guide come to mind) that would answer most of
your questions.

BTW..We have a Microsoft peer-to-peer network (hardwire and wireless mix)
with two XP Pro systems and one XP Home, two printers, several scanners
and a cat.

Hope this helps.

Al Geist
Technical Publications Mgr.
SUSS MicroTec
Tel: 1-802-244-5181 ext 296
Mobile: 802-578-3964
al -dot- geist -at- suss -dot- com
al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
www.suss.com

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient (or received it in error) please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList