Re: Peer Review Process/Best Practices

Subject: Re: Peer Review Process/Best Practices
From: wendy_lewis -at- goodyear -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:28:48 -0500

I used to work at a software development company that had a unique review
cycle. Never in the 7 years I was there, did anyone read a whole manual.
Maybe small sections. So I was pretty much the writer and editor, final
answer, and all that.
At some point, someone noticed.
The boss had me print ALL of my manuals, about 20, and took me and all
10-15 engineers to Starbucks. He opened an account and made the engineers
sit there and read the manuals. We had a variety of colored pens and no
doc was complete till it had two different reviewers mark it up and sign
off. They thought it was going to be a slack off day. HA!
It also kept me busy for months afterwards cleaning everything up.

Wendy Lewis

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList