Re: Peer Review Process/Best Practices

Subject: Re: Peer Review Process/Best Practices
From: "Wanda Phillips" <wanda -dot- jane -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:58:03 -0800

Further to what I said, having read what Bill said, our review process
timing is set up this way:

The product has a timeline.

We produce online help in time for the penultimate build. We get that
date and work backwards to figure out how much time is needed for
translation, editing, and review incorporation. This, with our
standard review times, gives us the writer start date.

We produce printed documents for the release date (which is different
than the first customer delivery because we release to manufacturing,
who then builds the machines, a critical part of the process). Since
we use print-on-demand, we can provide the printed docs in, what seems
to us to be, a more leisurely fashion.

All languages must be ready for the appropriate product milestone.

Wanda

--
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which
differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList